High bp tachycardia don’t know what’s wrong

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I’m 24 female I’ve been feeling very poorly this last year or so visiting Doctors and seeing a neurologist at end of Feb. I’m so scared what’s happening to me my symptoms are 

High blood pressure tachycardia all the time even when rested low grade fever extreme hot flushes of the face only Out of breathe easily weight gain irregular periods hair loss ( they found scattered cysts having more test soon) head pressure when standing dizzyness awful visual disturbances daily and extreme anxiety out of nowhere. Sleeping 14 hours straight. Trouble finding words.extreme fatigue like I could fall a sleep at any moment when I get really poorly  I was told I have migraine from my neck as my spine has arthritis and bulges. My visions out of it I have theses excessive stares and my feel very dizzy and just generally not right The doctors looking toward a autoimmune  as she thinks there’s a underlying condition making all this happen. When I have a good day rarely ever I feel great. I’m having a ekg next week and some more blood. But I’m just curious what the hell is goin on its ruining my life thanks everyone x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Nicola, if you have been unwell a year, what have your blood tests in the last year  - autoimmune screens, thyroid and adrenal profiles - shown?  If nothing then maybe doctors are widening the autoimmune screens and adding more blood tests. 
  • Posted

There is a condition called POTS which it could be. Have you been on any strong antibiotics in the last few years?
    • Posted

Oh ok I might mention tht to my doctor and yes I had bad ear infections and was on high antibiotics for a while then this started 
  • Posted

Nicola, you are a young woman experiencing a range of debilitating symptoms and even if anxiety wasn't a symptom I'd still think it was perfectly normal. This is clearly one of those things that fall outside the usual diagnostic tests your GP would do, though he may have some indicators if he's already considering an auto immune disorder. The fact that this followed an infection may also be significant. I expect when you see the neurologist a whole new set of investigations will start and maybe further referrals, some of these things can be difficult to pin down and until they do pin it down you'll be left in a sort of limbo. I can't think of anything I can say even to reassure you, but I hope they sort it out quickly and get it managed. I suppose one hope is in the fact that some of these strange immune syndromes eventually simply fade away never to return. The symptoms do fit with a chronic inflammatory process but this is all rather cutting edge stuff these days, it need the experts to be doing all the guessing.

Hope its sorted quickly - best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.