High calorie, easy to drink drinks

Posted , 4 users are following.

I struggle to eat to gain weight I just can't get myself to eat high amounts like I should... but I really want to recover i really want to get better and i find it easier to drink than eat. However my stomach is very sensitive and can become full and feel sick and bloated and painful very easily...

Has anyone got any tips or ideas for high calorie drinks that will help me gain weight but also easy on my tummy smile thank you

Also I would appreciate it to be as natural as possible not medical like ensure or boost.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi - I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I'm not sure that this is the best forum for your question, but I would definitely recommend you speak to a dietitian. There are a lot of things on the market e.g. protein shakes, which don't have much evidence as to whether they work but also the dangers, so please speak to someone who is qualified to give this advice.

• Posted

Hi, I'm not a medical professional but I find white jasmine rice very easy to digest if cooked for a long time...if you want a drink you can blend with water but chewing is good for digestion.

Glucose is the easiest sugar to digest, and malt syrup and brown rice syrup also digest quickly.

I also find fish/slow cooked lamb easy to digest.

Good luck!

• Posted

I can advise you on a protein cocktail with a high fat content.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.