high crp and gastritis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

i am feeling very weak last 5 weeks and closest way to explain it is similar to severe hunger most of the day and shaky. Any walking or stairs can make me breathless and very tired. Plus very bad brain fog.

So far we think its gastiritis because i had previously the pylori bacteria . But still waiting stool sample test . But the bloods returned with high CRP of 20 ngL which 5 is the max . My folate is 3.9 and b12 is 275 which both on the very lower end. Is this low enough to feel so dizzy and unwell?

I am also concerned about my Crp why is it so high?! can it be because i had a cold on the day?! or maybe my stomach infection! or worse!?

any one similar experience ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

Sounds to me more like anemia , low blood sugar or low blood pressure. If you had blood work up they would have told you if you were anemic. You can go to Walmart and get a cheap blood sugar monitor. Gastritis can cause shortness of breath. Also sometimes other illnesses go hand and had with gastric issues. Weakness is a symptom of so many things.

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

Yes your low folate and B12 will make you feel dizzy, lethargic and unwell. Your high CRP C-Reactive Protein indicates inflammation in the body possibly due to an infection or a cold. ...Haven't you started to take B12 supplements? ....

• Posted

yes been days on it but not sure what dose. i took b12 -100 ng. Also bought folic as its on the very low end till i see gp next week.

i feel its them causing the excess weakness. But will confirm soon and update here . Thanks all for the input.

• Edited

Has your doctor explained your test results to you? If he hasn't ask for a follow up appointment to get answers to your questions.

• Posted

yea will go back just waiting for the stool sample results to come back. so its one discussion.

• Posted

Maybe the stool sample will show something.

• Edited

Hi zeena

High levels of CRP is usually around 10.0 and over would indicate inflammation. If your is 5.0 it is slightly raised....did you have your ESR tested as well Erythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood tested too? if this is high as well as CRP this also indicates inflammation...

• Edited

Hi zeena34610

If CRP 20 then that is on the high end. As i said it could be inflammation from your cold or your gastritis. I would say the gastritis.... and gastritis does make you feel hungry all the time...hope the folate and B12 makes you feel better. were you at anytime taking omerprazole or any other PPI because that will stop the absorption of B12.....

• Posted

hi

yes i hope so too and nothing more serious.

I was on omeprazole on off last yr and last month for hunger feeling. I will take the vitamins hopefully they will sort my anemia symptoms tooooo scary and badddd!

Also i will follow up for the gastiritis and bacteria issue . Thanks for your support

• Edited

Hi zeena

No worries...happy to be of some help and support...👍👌

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.