High dose vitamin C

Posted , 6 users are following.

Anybody tried high dose vitamin c? 10000mg or more. How long did you use it? Did it work?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

yeah i tried very high doses for about 3 months. It didnt do much to be honest. The body can only process so much. What i found most effective for me was taking daily L-Lysine and i was paying $20 a week for Vitamin B shots which was really effective. Im still 6 months in of symptoms but taking L-Lysine, Magnesium, daily multi, and the vitamin B shots. It has sped up my recovery.

• Posted

i tried 10k, but then it was making me really nauseous. Then i went to 5k and it went away, but i didnt feel any different from taking 2000 a day. I tried 2000 per day for a month, then upped to 5000 per day for a month again, i honestly didnt see a big difference.

Now im taking 1000 per day, L-Lysine, Magnesium, and a daily multi along with weekly vitamin b shots.

• Posted

good to know your recovery has sped up. i just researched a little about l lysine and im hearing some good things. im thinking of geting some tomorrow. could you recomend some good brands and the dosage you use. and how long do you think i can start seeing results.

• Posted

i tried it. I started at 50 grams (50,000 mg) and bumped up to 75 grams. We couldn't get the blood saturation right (my body was not absorbing enough) so we stopped. The only difference I saw was my skin looked really good. I'm trying IV ozone for the first time in a few weeks and will report back how it works!

• Posted

Did you take the vitamin c orally or by IV? and for how long did you take it. also please explain what IV ozone is. thanks

• Posted

I took it through an IV. I don’t think you can take that high of a dose orally or you would throw it all up. I tried it once at 50 g and another time at 75 g. They check your blood right after to see if you are absorbing it. I didn’t even come close to the target number after 75 g so 100 g wouldn’t do it either. Ozone therapy is where they pull a small amount of your blood out and shoot it with Ozone gas and then slowly drip it back into your body thru an IV. It is supposed to deliver a ton of oxygen to your tissues, is anti-inflammatory and might be antiviral.

• Posted

i spent $21k on blood ozone therapy .... march april may june .... im still in bed .. helped a bit but did not cure .

• Posted

21k???? Holy smokes! Im just starting with one every other week at $175 per session. If I dont feel better after 4 then we are discontinuing. My doc gets the treatment once a month as well to fight off colds/flus.

Did it ever make you feel worse at first?

I'm sorry it didnt work! I'm 2.5 years into this so trying different things.

• Posted

well that was with blood ozone therapy too so yes $21k not including all the other stuff ive tried vitamins naturopaths acupuncture etc .

yes it can only help. i just think this virus is SO powerful !!!

• Posted

Hi Kevin,

I have adapted my whole diet and now eat under 1800 calories a day which consists of a lot of whole fruits and vegetables to ensure I am nourishing myself as much as possible.

Every day I eat a kiwi, tangerines, lemon or lime squeezed in water and sometimes red grapefruit. I've found the much healthier diet to be most beneficial.

I also try to re introduce exercise, starting with a little walk round the block but then have rest a lot and factor in rest times.

I'm just over 9 weeks in.

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Good to know but are u taking any supplements in particular. if yes which ones and how has it helped?

• Posted

No supplements as I was told that they are mostly expelled by your body. It's better to eat them via food to allow your body to properly absorb.

Who knows but I'm definitely feeling a lot better. Not 100% and still in definite need of rests.

I think it's really important to maintain a positive outlook.

Yes we will all probably have post viral fatigue but we just need to adapt and listen to our bodies.

• Posted

Im taking 1000 per day of L-Lysine. I have found that L Lysine has really helped me out. My PCP recommended it. As mono or EBV is a form of human herpes virus, Lysine is very effective. It aids in immune system repair and when you get mono your immune system is at its worse. Any brand will do. It took about a month to see the difference, maybe like 3 weeks. L Lysine is a very important amino acid. If anything, load up on Vitamin B and 1000 Lysine per day and your body will get the extra boost to help it repair. For me thats what worked. I still have symptoms but i for sure have seen my body repair itself in time. Stay hydrated as well tons of water.

• Posted

never tried mega-dosing but i take 1000 mg of vitamin C and it has made a difference. I also take a multi, l-lysine, fish oil, CoQ10, and monolaurin. CoQ10 for me has made the biggest impact on my energy levels and monolaurin lowers my HR and significantly reduces my symptoms. I'm 9 months in and feel close to normal but not quite. good luck!

• Posted

good to know you are making progress. please dont forget to update us when u make a full recovery. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.