High ejection fraction gallbladder removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi! I’m looking for anyone who found relief by having their gallbladder removed due to high EF and symptoms pointing to gallbladder. I’m due to have surgery next week and it was a choice I had to make 100% considering I look “normal” on paper. I have an ejection fraction of 91% (HIDA Scan). I have constant nausea, especially bad when I eat or after I eat. Fatigue, weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss, dizziness (in the eyes if that makes sense) and sometime dull aching on both right and left upper quadrants and lower back aches. I don’t have any doubling over pains. I’m scared to have the surgery because the medical professional aren’t for sure what my issue is. Anyone else have insight? 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Also I’m 28, lived a pretty healthy lifestyle and was 119 lbs but am now 110 lbs, 5’3. Worked out, watched what I ate with exceptions! I also had a baby almost two years ago. Had preeclampsia and continual high blood pressure for almost a year after (still stands around 130’s over 80’s) but is much better than before! 
  • Posted

Hey there if you have fb there is a  wonderful  Group on there I too have I high ejection fraction of 88% and have some of the some symptoms as you the group is hyperkinetic gallbladder’s there are people on there that has had their gallbladder’s out 
  • Posted

Hi there,

Firstly, I'm on your page. I had very similar issues and had my GB removed Jan 2017. Over a year down the track it has been trial and error as to what sets off tummy upsets and schedule and pains but rest assured that it will end up better than before. Eating no dairy (very occasionally) low fat and cut down on sugary items is your best bet. It will also take time to get used to it but believe me when I say this, it will become the norm and you'll be eating and feeling healthier without too much bloating and aches and pain. I have managed to keep my weight and not put on or lost. Nausea's feelings and tummy upsets only when I've eaten something like cheese or ice cream(dairy). So I tend to stay away from it and have almond ,soy or rice milk. When I do eat dairy it becomes very apparent that it is setting me off.

Hope this helps a little. I also take ox bile. It's a great product.

• Posted

Hi Jenny! Thank you!! I’m happy to know that my symptoms are had by others considering I don’t have the stabbing pain. I don’t really eat dairy anyways but I do like sugar in my coffee (which I haven’t been able to really have with this issue). I’ll keep all of this in mind and order some ox bile!! Thank you so so much! 
  • Posted

Ren - I have a low functioning gallbladder-0% working confirmed by HIDA scan. The main issue during that time I have is the dizziness, weakness and fatigue. But I was also having extreme bloating and burping after meals and early morning. Now I also have gallstones. I still have all the symtoms mentioned. My doctor's are asking me to remove the gallbladder, but they feel I may still left with the issues after gb surgery as I also have gastritis.

1)Did you rule out you don't have gastritis?

2)can you please explain how your dizziness feels bit detail.

I'm really looking forward on how your surgery goes as you have similar symptoms as mine. I really appreciate if you can post how do you feel after the surgery.this will help folks like me and other who are in sidelines. Thank you.

• Posted

Hi!! I replied to you on another post but I had an upper endo, gastric emptying test, ultrasound and HIDA scan. No gastritis and I was treated for it before tests and my symptoms never subsided. Also, the dizziness is like in my eyes, if that makes sense. I’m not stumbling or turning weird. It’s almost as if something around me is moving when it’s not. Not sure how else to explain it rolleyes I will def keep you guys updated throughout the journey! 
  • Posted

Hi I have all the symptoms you have and I had my gallbladder removed

5 months ago. I was slowly starting to feel better until about 6 weeks ago

when all the symptoms returned with a vengeance. The nausea is awful every day ,

I'm so tired I just want to rest all day . Struggling to eat and losing weight , so hungry

all the time but scared to eat as I feel terrible afterwards.

Sadly for me having the surgery hasn't helped . I wouldn't

rush into surgery as you could find another way could help more .

• Posted

Have you had additional tests ran? My GI and surgeon said there’s nothing else to look for.
  • Posted

I have my surgery tomorrow morning so I’ll keep this discussed updated once I get a chance! 
    • Posted

thank you. I really like to know how is your dizziness after surgery. But give it a week or 2 to come to conclusion.
  • Posted

Update: it has been 4 weeks post op. Still have nausea daily but it seems to be subsiding. I’ve had to cut dairy, meat and anything fatty. Which I wasn’t eating much before but now I’m having to find my protein source elsewhere. Also my meals are small but frequent. I try to never have any empty stomach. Also I take ox bile (with “heavy” meals) and digestive enzymes ANYTIME I eat. I’ll keep updating, especially since my nausea seems to be slowly getting better. There’s hope!! 
    • Posted

I really love to hear about your dizziness and fatigue after gb removal.is it gone or improving?
    • Posted

Hi! Yes both the dizziness and extreme exhaustion have dissipated! Only symptom I have is occasional nausea but I’m on a low fat/no meat diet and will slowly reintroduce foods again. 
    • Posted

Hope your nausea gets better soon...Good to know you are doing good with dizziness. How is your energy levels now? Overall how do you feel before and after surgery?
    • Posted

My energy levels are great now! Back to normal after the removal (now it’s been 5 weeks). I feel much better since the surgery. Every day is less nausea. I haven’t had nausea in 4 days which I haven’t had that in 5 months so this is a big plus!! I’m still being careful with what I eat and will be introducing slowly in the next week or two! 
    • Posted

Great to see you got your life back to normal. Enjoy and embrace each minute of life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.