High Ejection Fraction of 91%, anyone else??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new to the group, but have been suffering with what we think are gallbladder issues for a while now.

It got really bad 6 weeks ago, requiring 6 ER visits, GI visit, scans, ultrasounds, bloodwork... Finally, I was given the Hida scan, and it showed an ejection fraction of 91%. My GI says it's normal, but I disagree as I have since heard of many other people who had the typical gallbladder symptoms without visible stones, but a high ejection fraction.

I am due to meet a surgeon soon to discuss surgery. I'm very nervous, and I have tried many natural remedies to support my gallbladder, but the past 6 weeks I have been pretty much bedridden with constant nausea, pain under right ribcage into my back, right shouldee, neck, waist... Walking seems to make it worse, even standing up to take a shower.

Bloodwork and endoscopy all normal, my diet has always been healthy and balanced, but I do suffer from the auto inmune disease Hashimotos since age 13 (am 30 now).

I'm just scared I will get the gb removed and won't improve, or get worse... But I also can't stay like this, so I need to make up my mind soon.

Just wondering if there are other people who had issues with their gallbladder due to a high ejection fraction.

Thanks,

Mona

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mona, your ejection fraction certainly isn't normally, its very high and shouldn't be. I have a low ejection fraction but I'm certain there are people on this site who have had a high ejection fraction and have there gallbladder removed who will send a message to you. 

It does seem that whether high or low all the other tests come back as normal and we tend to have similar symptoms to yourself. 

Take care and keep sending us posts, good luck.

• Posted

I had an ejection fraction of 98%. Morning nausea, soft light brown to very watery yellow diarrhea, constant ache in the right abdomen - gone int he morning, progressed throughout the day. A few weeks before the surgery started getting back aches. My GP said it was normal - My GI said it had to come out - My surgeon gave me a 50/50 shot. So far so good - had it taken out 3 months ago now. Unfortunately, there is no guaruntee. I got to the point that I couldn't stand the illness on a daily basis. I don't regret it.

• Posted

Hi Mona

I know exactly what you are going through and to any one else hoping to

find an answer from these blogs.?I had pain in my right side under my ri

ght

breast across my back up to my neck between my shoulder blades

in the front upper neck and my left arm shoulder area at times

My ejection number was 87 and my primary told me it was

normal

but I knew from praying this was not true I scoured these blogs and found

the name of a gastro dr his name is Anthony Baratta in Rochester NY 585-4

67-5176 he referred me to a surgeon Dr Chang and it came out !! It's not

been an easy recovery for me but my gall bladder was full of scarring sticki

ng to my liver and totally abnormal in shape and size. Again I say I'm

glad it's out but life after gall bladder removal may not be for everyone I

could not live with the pain anymore and not eating I was down to eating

carrot sticks and taking naproxen daily so I wanted it out its only day six

after surgery

I am hopeful my life will be back to normal I'm praying for all of you out

there.

• Posted

Thank you for sharing you story . I’m leah I’m suffering too and I can’t live like this. My EF is 87% hoping that my surgeon will take out my gallbladder. My Hida Scan says it’s normal but I’m feeling all the symthoms although I don’t have gallstone. I’ve been to ER twice a in one week now and they can’t even give me the help I need. I’m praying so hard so I can get the help I can get. 
  • Posted

I'm having this same problem and I'm wondering if you have found any answers or relief?

• Posted

Hi Mona im sorry to hear about your situation as i wrote months ago my primary told me 87 was normal according to the insurance company but thank God i found a surgeon that knew it wasnt normal and removed it The first week was a little rough very bloated from surgery gas and even constipated for like 5 days that was the worst but i must say im so happy my pain is gone i had it like you neck shoulder excruciating for 2 months eating only carrot sticks yuk i hope you find comfort soon .
  • Posted

I was recently diagnosed with a gallbladder function of 94%. After two months of trying to control my symptoms with an improved diet, I have finally consented to have surgery. The bellyaches, belching, heartburn and neck pain have worn me down. Had a 60 day follow up with the surgeon this past Tuesday. Surgery is scheduled for four weeks from now. Hoping my digestive issues will be resolved with surgery. 
  • Posted

Hello I just got back from my Dr. And i have a high functioning gallbladder the doctor seems to think it's so high that it needs to be removed as anyone had 98% before and had their gallbladder removed or kept their gallbladder at 98% does it get any worse I do have some pain in my rib under my ribs and in my right shoulder nauseous never have thrown up but I have constipation I don't have diarrhea but it hurts to go to the bathroom my left arm hurts when I need to to have a bowel movement has anybody experienced this before please let me know thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.