High ESR feeling of blood travelling veins, menopause symptoms?

Posted , 2 users are following.

for several years I have had high ESR blood viscosity results. Other symptoms diziness, light headed, brain fog. Menopausal, past 4 years

At night especially, I can feel blood "creeping" round my legs, feet and groin, wakes and scares me

I understand a symptom of menopause is formication, a feeling of ants crawling on skin, but this feels different.

Does anyone else suffer this, or can help? 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello arroli, have you been back to your GP?  I think I would go and see mine if I had these symptoms
  • Posted

yes been to my GP many times, she tells me high ESR is an inflammation marker in the blood, keeps tsking more blood tests but nothing conclusive.

She prescribed ADs telling me its anxiety. but i know it isnt this, something is going on   internally. Just reslly wanted to know others have felt like this too

• Posted

NO HRT

GP has run various tests to try and rule out inflammation markers, she thought maybe arthritis related as i have foot pain too, but not

I do have other menopause symptoms, dizziness, light headed, extreme tiredness, aneamic

I take menopace and B6 & B12 supplements to try and help

• Posted

How long have you been taking the OTC products?

If you are anaemic, why isn't your GP treating it?  Is your GP aware of the OTC products you are taking?

• Posted

I am borderline aneamic so. not prescribed iron tablets

I have only been taking menopace and B vitamins for one week, after reading on forum here that they may help aleviate menopause symptoms, as I am sure many others do, not informed GP 

• Posted

Has your GP suggested HRT?  I get the feeling you don't want to try it.

• Posted

I discussed HRT with GP, she is one who prefers. not to prescribe at this stage

She suggested Ads as more of an anxiety issue, which I am sure it isnt other than wishing to understand what is causing these problems and finding a solution

• Posted

Would you consider seeing a different GP in your practice?  Maybe a different viewpoint.  Do you think you need antidepressants? And I would be asking myself why I had an elevated ESR.
    • Posted

No I don't feel I need anti depressants as I'm sure anxiety is not problem

believe me after approx 8 years of similar symptoms of ESR I have always discussed it with various Gps

They agree it is a marker for inflammation but until I present with major symptoms they do not know what is inflamed after ruling out arthritis which must be a common result

Someone on another forum tells me she has similar symptoms from varicose veins so maybe an avenue to follow and suggest

Thanks for your replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.