High fever with staph infection

Posted , 4 users are following.

So i was recently diagnosed with a type of staph infection that you can get from boils/pimples being infected. The 2nd day it was very painfull and redness about the size of my hand around a quarter size sore on my leg. I went to the doctor about 5 days ago for it and it does not hurt anymore and looks a little better. The redness kind of turned into a light bruise type color around the area. But yesterday afternoon i felt myself getting sick, i devloped a fever (peak was about 103) that ive been treating with motrin, but i also have sever body aches, painful sensitve skin and fatigue and headache. What im wondering is if this is because of my infection or did i pick up a flu type virus? My brother had a 24 hour flu like this like a week ago. But if this is because of my infection is it normal to get a fever with staph? and if not is it a sign of possible blood poisoning?

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont know how to edit my post but i was perscribed some antibiotics for it that i have been taking since last thursday
  • Posted

Hi

I had a boil on the back of my neck which became infected and my neck became swollen, I got antibiotics and every thing was fine.A few days later I have a very high temperature,being sick,my whole body ached.I was abroad at the time and went to a hospital who gave me some "antibiotics".Lucky for me the next day I flew home and was taken to the hospital where I was very lucky to have seen a very good junior doctor who saw that I had sepsis.I was in hospital for six weeks.I also had Stap Aeurus.Double Pneumonia,MY organs started to fail,the whole time I was in hospital I had a very high fever.i do not want to alarm you but please go to your local hospital and get checked out.All the best.

• Posted

In my unprofessional knowledge of (very risky) staph infections, the 'key word' to your question is "infection"! I would say, "yes, and blood poisoning is a risk, a very high risk." My Mom burned her wrist on a hot oven rack, it got infected, staph set in, then blood poisoning! LOOK for a RED LINE (kinda pinkish sometimes) it will start at the infection site, and if it reaches your heart, it will kill you! I've had blood poisoning from my dying kitty. Please sean12853, GET TO the EMERGENCY ROOM, or the nearest URGENT CARE CLINIC, NOW!

• Posted

I failed to mention my kitty bit me out of fear. I refreshed my Tetanus shot, took good care of the bit area, but still got blood poisoning. The SOONER you get treated, the better your chances. The doctors should give you a SHOT of antibiotics, not pills, if that's how they choose to treat you. Let me know how you are, please!

• Posted

At this point sean12853, you need a SHOT of ANTIBIOTICS!!
    • Posted

My DD was diagnosed with septic (reason-staph aureus)arthritis when she was only 12 days old . Emergency surgery was done followed with IV antibiotic course for 28 days and oral antibiotic for next 39 days. Now she is 4 month . Everything appears normal till now. We are regularly following with orthopedic. He told us that only future growth will tell how much or no damage occurred. Did anyone faced this situation. It would be really helpful if anyone share their experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.