High heart rate, and feeling weak.

Posted , 6 users are following.

My heart rate has been quite high for 2 days now, before it started i had some dull pain on my chest, and now i feel that its kinda hard to breath. It feels like i have an air bubble on my throat or some kind of pressure. Every now and then i still get the chest pain, and sometimes a really small stinging pain in my heart. I have been quite anxious, i've stressed quite a bit too. And just recently started exercising with weights, my sleep schedule is bad too, but i've been fixing that. Im only 14, and im not obese, so what can this be? Also im feeling kind of weak and tired in the mornings more than i do usually. I dont really have an appetite in the mornings, i feel like i cant eat anything. And i feel like vomiting quickly, but that goes out a bit later in the day. Also it might affect that i've been really scared this whole time? I dont know what's happening to me and im scared.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Oh and i might add, i drink a lot of caffeine, and i stopped now. Can taht affect it as well?
  • Posted

you need to speak to a Doctor about all this - drinking lots of caffeine definitely makes the heart beat faster so don't drink any more till you see the Doc, also feeling anxious and stressed doesn't help matters.  Sending you my good wishes.
  • Posted

Please try not to worry, this really does sound like an anxiety state. Anxiety can cause all the symptoms you mention and then worry about the symptoms makes the whole thing worse. You say your pulse rate is quite high, how high ? Anxiety can push your pulse rate through the roof. Of course, do go and see your doctor because then you will have peace of mind and many of your symptoms will subside.It might be an idea to give up the weights for the time being as you may be pulling chest muscles which wont help your anxiety. Try not to worry, I'm sure you will be fine and your doctor will reassure you. All the best,

Bess

• Posted

Hi. I would think Bess is right. Anxiety does cause your heartbeat to race as you know. When I was in hospital recently, (not heart related) my pulse was over 100 every time it was taken for ten days. When I came home it returned to a steady, normal rate again. Anxiety! As the others said though, see a Dr and you should feel ok after that. smile
  • Posted

Caffeine is not really good for you. Also when you go to the doctors some people get white coat syndrome what is the doctor going to find !!. Stress we ALL have stress it comes out in us all in different ways. Some tests can stress you out and the results can be ok.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.