High heart rate..previous pulmonary embolism

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im only 23 and when i was 19 i had 2 large clots (one in each lung) and pnemonia. I had severe pain with it but after about a week and a half i felt fine. My question is, when i yawn or sneeze i still feel slight pain where it was..i also randomly get chest pains and have a resting pulse of 97 bpm - 105bpm. I was on warfarin for 6 months and have heard nothing more about it. Is this normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would go see your doctor just to make sure they have not come back. It also could be scare tissue.
  • Posted

Hi Zara

I think it would be worth checking this with your doctor, just to make sure all is okay and for peace of mind.

Let us know how you get on x

• Posted

yes, it's normal, i had the same like you. Lots of random pains, I am on warfarin since 2016 may.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.