High hiv risk, multiple negative tests, low cd4

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I had a high HIV risk years ago. I was raped.

Did not test for HIV right away since I just wanted to forget what happened.

Later when I got neurological pain, I got tested with 3rd generation test and hiv pcr 1 as well as hiv 2 dna. All negative.

However, now years later my neuropathy only gets worse, I have skin infections and also had pneumonia. I have paid for my cd4 cell count and over the years the cd4 count has dropped. Also my kids have constantly too low lymphocytes.

I am worried to death that the guy who raped me infected me with some rare strain or several hiv strains and the tests are not detecting it. The guy had brown spots on his skin. Probably kaposi sarkoma.

Can anyone help. The doctors think I am crazy but I can assure this is not in my head. Please, anyone. What can this be if not HIV?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

cd4, lymphocytes fluctuate day to day. They are also modulated by stress levels and yours are clearly high. If you tested negative at 3 months and 6 months youre in the clear.

• Posted

Thank you so much. I am relieved. I am just so worried since the doctors cannot find any cause for my neuropathy. A Dr. told me that since I can feel everything, my symptoms are not typical to neuropathy. I'm, however, in constant pain - pins and needles.

B vitamin levels are normal as well as sugar levels. The only thing that has been changing, is the antibodies against lyme but only the ones of an old infection and sometimes the other confirmatory test is intermediate. Some years ago I got antibiotics for a longer time and these helped. Now, however I constantly have pins and needles in my feet.

• Edited

forget about the past you need to focus on staying safe in the future. Avoid the risky behaviors that got you in trouble in the first place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.