high homocysteine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I read online that high homocysteine could signal a pituitary tumor.

anyone knows?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What I read online is that it’s related to heart disease and stoke.  The only common symptom with Cushings was osteoporosis.  From all the read with all the research  I’ve done regarding my pituitary adenoma, they’ve never identified a cause.
  • Posted

I have looked this up as I had not heard of it before and can find no connection between this problem and Cushing's. As Pam says it seems more Vitamin related and maybe heart.  I do hope you find some answers.

• Posted

thanks. i dont have any heart problems or artheriosclerosis or anything. so...we will see in the future if i will get a problem i guess lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.