High LDH, Serum value of 277 U/L

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently took a full body test and they show a high LDH, Serum of 277. What should I do?

I showed the reports to a physician and he gave me medicine of cholesterol and high BP (the test shows 205 LDL cholesterol). When I came home, I found out that he ignored the high LDH in LFT test.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,elevated LDH levels are a nonspecific factor,so i cant really say much without looking at other tests.When you say LDH was tested,do you mean iso-enzymes LDH4 and LDH5,which are found in the liver or LDH in general?What are the levels of AST,ALT,ALP,bilirubin,albumin?

Also LDH can be elevated due to alcohol usage and thrombocytosis.

• Posted

I've uploaded those values:

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

• Posted

Hi,can you write them down since the link was deleted by a moderator.
    • Posted

Yeah, sure. I've also included the reference intervals.

Liver Profile- (Liver Function Test)

Protein Total@

Serum

Biuret method

7.9 g/dL 6.0 - 8.3

Albumin@

Serum

Bromcresol Green

4.6 g/dL 3.5 - 5.0

Globulin*

Serum

Calculated

3.3 g/dL 2.3 - 3.5

A:G (Albumin:Globulin) Ratio*

Serum

1.39 1.20 - 2.00

SGOT/AST (Aspartate Amino-transferase) @

Serum

NADH (without Pyridoxal-5’-phosphate)

18 U/L 5 - 42

SGPT/ALT (Alanine Amino-transferase) @

Serum

NADH (without P-5’-P)

38 U/L 6 - 55

GGTP (Gamma Glutamyl-Transferase) @

Serum

L-Gamma-glutamyl-3-carboxy-4-nitroanilide Substrat

32 U/L 12 - 64

Bilirubin,Total@

Serum

Diazonium Salt

0.78 mg/dL 0.20 - 1.20

Bilirubin, Direct@

Serum

Diazo Reaction

0.31 mg/dL 0.00 - 0.50

Bilirubin, Indirect@

Serum

Calculated

0.47 mg/dL 0.10 - 1.00

LDH, Serum*

Serum

IFCC- Lactate to Pyruvate

277.00 U/L 125.00 - 220.00

• Posted

Moderator,

There was no option to upload pictures directly to this site.

• Posted

Since everything in the LFT is normal we can exclude liver disease.As i said LDH is nonspecific factor so it will rise even when there is something minor, like inflamation.Elevated LDH that is up to 5 times over the normal range usually means inflamation,mononucleosis,pancreatitis or parenchymal liver disease(in your case we can exclude this).If the results were like 5 to 10 times higher then the range then it could be something serious.If you have no other symptoms you are just fine.Also do you have CBC and differential done?
    • Posted

I had also got my CBC done. It's all normal. Lipid profile as well; only cholesterol is high.

My doctor said no need to worry about the high LHD, he has given me the medicine.

But I came home and found he prescribed me for cholesterol and high BP only. Maybe he meant LHD will become normal on its own.

• Posted

For sure he had the LDH in mind.In a week or 2 it will go down

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.