High Leukocytes and blood trace but low bacteria urinalysis results

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I recently got urinalysis and transvaginal ultrasound because I am having pelvic and back pain even I am not in my period. My transvaginal ultrasound came normal however with my urinalysis it came back me having infection. My Leukocytes are positive +2 and also there is a blood trace. All are normal including my bacteria count. However, my OB prescribed me antibiotics.. Isn't antibiotics for killing bacteria? My bacteria is in a normal range so why would she give me anitbiotics? I ask her and she said my Leukocytes are high so I have infection. I did not ask her further. Do you think I should have second opinion? I have read infection is not only bacterial but also fungal and viral. Also inflammation. Pleas help.. Also just taken my first pill of antibiotic and made me sick. I have gastritis and GERD and it seems it triggers it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi flame freezer, Well reading about all your test and pills not working I have been on and on Antibiotics for the last 2 yrs for Urethra infections/bacteria I to have had all the test ultrasound on my bladder Flow tests fetoscope  in you know where yes in my penis and now they are saying that my bladder is not emptying properly  the cause is my prostate is enlarged now are taking a longer lasting antibiotic for the next 12 months and a urine sterilizer  SO please God I hope these modern Dr can get something right  Because I have  had enough 
    • Posted

Hi David49122 Exactly. It comes to a point I don't have trust on conventional doctors anymore. I have another illness GERD and gastritis and felt the same. I have read antibiotics is not an ideal drug because aside from it can make the bacteria immuned, it can also make your gut imbalance and that is a serious thing. You may develop SIBO, colitis... I have seek second opinion to another doctor and she said she's okay with what the first doctor prescribed me. I ask about the bacteria count, she said yes its low but we dont treat the laboratory test, we treat your symptoms. What? If only I know its the symptom of a UTI but I need a solid proof it really it is. And if the lab test dont provide a solid proof I need further testing as this maybe another illness. She also said that if the symptoms dont improve then I will just need to go back and let them know. Its frustrating. They prescribe me to test if I would heal with it. Its better to not prescribe and do a lot of lab test than this. As I have said antibiotics is not recommended if not needed as it MAY create another illness worst than what we already have. Hopefully we can found a doctor that really cares.

• Posted

And also I am so sorry you have to take antibiotics that long...Maybe you need to request additional lab test to really rule it out. As for me, maybe Ill give it a week and if I still feel the same, I will talk to another doctor.
    • Posted

Hiflamefreezer Another thing I had a hiatus  hernia back 33 yrs ago they took 3 inches of the esophagus out  and to this day I can't vomit so have to be very careful about what medicine I have and not to get a reaction, Then If I get very bad I have to admit my self to hospital and they put a tube up in through my nose and down to my stomach to drain the pressure off Not a nice feeling trying to swallow the tub .

Now they have got me on Nitrofurantoin it's a longer lasting antibiotic for 12 months And Finasteride, that will sterilize the urine   But they have to be taken after food so I have them At 8 30 pm summer coming that will be a good time to take them.I will have the sore teste's for weeks to come yet So I wish myself good luck 

• Posted

Hi David49122,hope test will come out good. Hope they can finally figure it out. Can't imagine what you have gone through with all your illness and all the medicines and procedures you have to take. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi, most antibiotics make me feel so ill and give me migraine so I have to take ciprofloxacin which is perfect - no side effects. Maybe you should ask to try this next time - hope it helps?

Regards

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.