High level of discomfor(or even pain) in sigmoid area

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had IBS-c practically all my life. Because of multiple diverticulosis and pain, I had sigmoid resection surgery five years ago. It did help quite a bit even though IBS and bad habits of colon are still with me. I was able to help my constipation problem by taking 6-8 ounces of diluted prune juice as first thing every morning. Believe me, it helped me a lot-more than a lot of high powered medicinal treatment. So constipation is being managed all right. Bloating and high level of colon discomfort/pain is still with me.

If others have gone through some similar experiences, it would be very helpful if you please share your story here. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried a food diary and are you stressed?

• Posted

Thank you pippa58442 for your comment on my ibs condition. I have experimented by avoiding gluten and/or dairy products but it did not seem to make any difference. I happen to be a vegetarian and am pretty careful in having a reasonably well balanced diet.

Stress is a problem area for me because I suffer from chronic non-stop dull headache which is now 24 years old. I have gone to high places of medicine and have had all kinds of tests but, so far, the progress is zilch. There is no diagnose. Headache gives me stress, and stress contributes to my headache-a vicious cycle. I am trying to fight this stress by doing meditation and laughter yoga. Hope this helps you to understand my situation.

• Posted

The stress of having headaches is likely to flare up your IBS. Hopefully, meditation and yoga will reduce your stress levels and help your IBS. Maybe your headaches are being caused by something you are eating that you are unaware of. Perhaps try a food diary to see if anything shows up. If a particular food is the problem, it can take a while to identify it.

• Posted

have u ever had a calprotetion test poo test for inflammtion

• Posted

Recently I had a colonoscopy which was normal. The doc did not mention any inflammation or any other problem. I also have had several stool tests in the past which were negative. Lisa, thank you for your post.

• Posted

I have ibs pain in the rectosigmoid area. I just get so much gas. It is horrible. How can i find out if i have diverticulosis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.