High liver enzymes

Posted , 6 users are following.

I realize that not everything is caused by menopause, but i just had a blood test and my liver enzymes were elevated, I am having a terrible night sweats, itching and overall energy loss, did not know if anybody has an opinion on this or not.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ever since peri my enzymes have been slightly elevated. I've heard lots of women say the same. We can't blame everything on menopause, but it sure does reak havoc. Was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in peri also. I'm almost 51 and 25 months post menopausal. Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Have you had your thyroid levels checked? I had all of your symptoms. Got my thyroid checked and turns out i had hyperthyroidism

• Posted

Hi Judy,

I had high liver enzymes, in the 300s, the doc talked about doing a liver biopsy. At the time I was taking Zantac for stomach issues. When I questioned that maybe it was the zantac affecting my liver the docs said no way. But I stopped taking it and they quickly came back to normal. Fast forward three years and now they pulled zantac off the shelves due to it causing liver cancer!! So, is there anything you were taking that couldve caused the elevation? Even tylenol?

• Posted

I have been doing some reading and I was having steroid injections due to an allergy and rash and taking tylenol and topical steroid cream....this might have been the reason now that I have done some research...my liver ultrasound came back normal..I just worry way too much...

• Posted

I think meds affect the liver way more than we think. I'm glad you are ok.

• Posted

Yes in January my blood test came back with a few odd things.. BUT my AST and ALT were elevated--- just thought it my having a cold at the time of the blood test. I was drinking a lot of tea and taking OTC meds. I had to take the blood test at that time for insurance reasons. Now everything is back to normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.