High/low BP

Posted , 2 users are following.

My bp fluctates from 168/97 to 133/78

Tried meds but always get sore stomach and osophogus. Yesterday during prep for endoscopy bp was 175/114 (prob due to anxiety) on discharge down to 150/90.

Does anyone else out there havd similar probs? I would like to control my bp naturally, rather than try anymore meds - any ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Annita, I like you do seem to have fluctuated bp readings and like many people really hate the bp meds, I have tried three types and they all give me problems, mainly dizziness, pains in my head and various other joys!! So I have tried coming off them, I am now on a serious diet as well as walking further.  I do suffer from gastritis and know my bp changes when this is raging. Whenever I have been to hospital to see my gastric chap they are not the slightest bit bothered with my bp readings, about 150/90 (often lower at home) - however the gp's are very bothered by this and want it 120/80 - I really struggle as I feel so poorly on the meds. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Joanna

I have read that bp of 120/80 is unrealistic udeal is 140/80

My GP has now left it upto me to decide weather or not to try any more meds. So I am taking potassium supplements abd eating food high in nitrates such as beetroot, inc beetroot juice etc which I read can help lower bp

and of course walking more. So here's hoping!!

• Posted

I agree with you Annita, I think that 120/80 isunrealistic, good luck with the juice diet and walking, I have read that people have managed to lower their bp quite dramatically by doing this. Do let us know how it goes, good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.