High nitrites but low leukocytes in urine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had a recurrent urine infection for years now, and in dipstick tests at home it comes back as high in nitrites but low in leukocytes. My urine is definitely cloudy and smells very horrible! I don't have much other symptoms though. pH is quite low, and apparently this can destroy leukocytes... Have brought all this up with my doctor on numerous occasions, but antibiotics (short and long term) only work when I'm taking them. Help!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maz,

Do you experience pain with your symptoms at all? I have an embedded infection that I have had for over 4 years. I am on constant antibiotics for it. My leukocytes have gradually dropped too. I’m not sure why this is. If someone out there knows, please can you tell me. This bladder infection is a terrible infliction, but there is not enough research into how to get rid of it from the biofilm. Good luck x

• Posted

No I don't get pain, just smell is the problem, and every now and again if I go too long without treating it, it travels up to my kidneys making me really unwell. Had cystoscopy, which showed signs of long term inflammation and was put on prophylactic antibiotics at low dose for 6 months. Eventually came back though. Will check out the webpage recommended, thanks x

• Posted

Please go to CUTIC and look at latest research.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.