High pitched noise in ear.....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Is this hypo related?

I'm already seeing my GP about several things possibly related to hypothyroidism!

I woke up yesterday with an intermittent high pitched noise in my right ear. This morning it has been constant - it's driving me a bit crazy!!

Any input would be very much appreciated!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is tinutis amd it is a common symptom of hypothyroid.
    • Posted

I've heard that certain vitamins and minerals help but don't know what or why they work!!  personally I listen to it very hard then just stop listening!!  I know it doesn't work for everyone but thats how I deal with it.
    • Posted

Thank you Glynisrose.

I will give that a try.

At the moment, I think I'm a bit scared of it sad

How long have you had it?

Is it constant?

I'm already on a multivit but am D deficient so am about to increase my dose of that.

Xxx

• Posted

No its not there all the time it does stop!!  I've suffered with it for over 14 years but then I used to be a roadie and loud music was compulsory!!
  • Posted

Hi mrspinkrat

I suffered with tinitus for about 8 years and drove me near mad, im hypo by the way.  Weirdly it went when I started taking HRT for 2 years and couple month ago I tried to stop my HRT and within 2 weeks I had tinitus back.  Since I decided to go back to HRT its gone again. i don't think its a coincidence either. Not sure if anyone else has had the same effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.