High Pulse/Heart Rate.. Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, haven't been on this on a while nor posted for ages! Thankfully my anxiety has been at bay and I have managed to live my life a little, I even got pregnant and was on cloud nine! On Wednesday I went to the doctors as I had really back and shooting pains down my leg. He thought i was maybe suffering from an ectopic pregnancy. When he took my heart rate it was at 137BPM and off he sent me to A&E. My heart rate remained in the 130 range through out the day even when I felt like I was most relaxed it was high. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage yesterday and was rushed to hospital with pains. Today they took my heart rate and it was 115, but would not budge whatsoever. The nurses wouldn't let me leave but after looking at my blood results they agreed to. Is this normal? Should I be worried? Also I'm 22 female, healthy and fit imo.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

115 is not that high and under the circumstances you must have been very stressed.

Better luck with your next pregnancy.

• Posted

A rapid heart rate can be due to blood loss, either external bleeding or internal bleeding (i.e. from a bleeding ectopic pregnancy - which is usually very painful).  A rapid heart rate can also be due to various other heart conditions, or from infection, or even from anxiety.  Sometimes it's difficult to differentiate a miscarriage from an ectopic pregnancy, unless you see definite pregnancy tissue - either you pass it, or you see it on ultrasound (in the uterus or in the fallopian tube).  Also an internal bleeding ectopic pregnancy will show an internal collection of blood on ultrasound.  One very rare situation is where you have both an ectopic pregnancy and a miscarriage.  Things to consider!  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Thank you for replying. Baby was thankfully in the womb and an ectopic pregnancy was ruled out. I've been losing clots so I presume that'll be the cause for the heart rate? Again thank you for replying!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.