High temp, fever, vomiting, cramping still 12 weeks after removal of burst appendix

Posted , 3 users are following.

So my mum had a burst appendix and it was a mess inside her. This was in January. She was misdiagnosed by 5 doctors until we refused to bring her home from a & e. They did some tests and realised so rushed to surgery and fully opened her up as key hole wasn't an option.

After she then picked up a super bug and her scar became infected. Lots of antibiotics later she is over that.

March 13th we had to rush her to hostpital again as she had pain near belly button, along with vomiting, fever so feeling really cold along with high temperature also cramping in stomach which she described as similar to contractions. When the cramping comes she would literally scream it's so bad. Morphine is the only thing that stops the pain.

April 24th and the exact same thing again and she was taken in to hostpital again, I forgot to add that she had xrays, blood tests and a ct scan. I forgot to add the cramping is like a sharp knife inside her.

Nothing showed up.

We are now paying privately for a MRI scan as we don't know what else to do?

Anyone have the same as this or know what is wrong with her?

Please help.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Could this be Meckel’s diverticulum?
  • Posted

i got rushed in on the 23rd of jan appendix an tore my bowel similar thing was a mess inside with the poison an my contents of my bowel i ended up with sepsis an then when i got home pnemonia

im getting bloatting pains , i use to get like my muscle tensing and feels rather hard on my belly an soreness around my belly button , was told i was full off poo and movicol was the best sulation im having 2 in a pint of water an my bowel emptys good , try some laxatives as i think she may be blocked

fibre diet , prune juice and becarefull of counter laxatives they can damage your inside and send your belly on spasms

• Posted

Hi John, I'm a 50 year old female had appendectomy Feb 27th...Emergency,

Had infection around belly button. Took amoxicillian. Then pain came back again. Went to Emergency they thought I had duodenal ulcer. I had felt like I had contractions too...so it's May 25th I go to dentist have abscessed tooth he puts me on amoxicillian 500mg...3 times a day for 7 days...GUESS WHAT THE SYPTOMS ARE GONE AFTER 3 DAYS...I THINK I HAS INFECTION...H PLORI...GET AMOXICILLAN...I MAY NEED IT FOR LONGER...

SHANNON

• Posted

Please tell your mum...she needs antiobiotics...ive been in pain since the appendectomy. I don't know why they didn't give me more antibiotics. This has been terrible.

Shannon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.