High thyroglobulin

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 6 months I have been expercining fatigue, muscle weakness, weight loss 20 pounds, can't gain weight, anxiety, tachycardia, fluctuating blood pressure l, dizziness, headaches, hypersensitivity, flushes and flares, weird nerve problems, stomach problems, and so much more.I can't work or do much my life has dramatically changed. I've always been very sensitive to my body. I had long suspected hyperthyroid but the lowest my TSH got was 0.48. 0.40 is the starting line for hyperthyroid so that was that my doctor said I didn't have it. Now my thyroid globin came back at 111 milliliters, normal being less than 20 ml. This was ordered by a different doctor an allergist who has helped me with autoimmune testing bc my primary wouldnt. My allergist suspects early stages of Hashimoto's saying it's common to be hyperthyroid in the beginning. However my primary care doctor saw this and told me to ignore this test that it's fine because my TSH was fine back in March. ihad testing for t3 109 ng/dl normal being 50-170. Also t4 being 1.1ng/DL normal being 0.8-1.7ng/DL. So I asked for repeat testing, hopefully he will give this too me. Anyways is it weird I have all these symptoms and high antibodies with normal thyroid panel? could it be hasimotos or something else? My other autoimmune test came back negative! I've been tested for everything they could think of. Any advice?Further tests? Has anyone experienced this? Thanks! 20 ur old female, 19 when problems started.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You sound hypo and your tsh is close to it. You need to test your free t3 and your free t4. That will tell you how hyper you really are. Not sure on what is causing it but get those tests tsh is not enough.
  • Posted

It could well be that you have pre thyroid disease, possibly hyper but only time will tell.

You will have to make sure they test you regularly because anomalous readings MAY be a precursor to full blown thyroid disease. They may just be anomalies that clear away with no problems but best to check it out fully!

I had exactly the same in 1999, only it was high TSH & normal T3 & T4. I was finally diagnosed with Graves in 2011!

Do do not just ignore this, check regularly.

Marilyn

• Posted

Thank you i will keep asking for the repeat of test until they can help me! I think its weird with thyroid disease you can't reverse it but instead wait till its bad to fix it, I might go to a naturopath or holistic doctor. I dont know if I can wait till it gets worse!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.