High tyroid hormode (TSH) and glucose level - any advice? Is it something serious?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got my blood test results today. Everything is fine except for three things - my cholesterol is a little too high. My glucose is high too - 6.09. My thyroid hormone (TSH) is a little more than 5 (the doctor said the max is 4). I have a thyroid ultrasound prescribed, but it's only in a month because of covid situation. So maybe someone could tell me if it sounds like something serious so that I don't spend the month freaking out? I'm a 25 year old woman without previous health issues. I had a pregnancy termination 2 weeks ago (pregnancy lasted 6 weeks) - could this have had any impact on this? Also, I had a small glass of hot wine in the evening before the blood test, but didn't have anything to eat/drink in the morning like I was told - could this have had any impact too? Thank you!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Your thyroid controls a lot of things that go on in your body. Ive fought this battle for years now. My levels are finally down to 5 from a 15.2 . Ive dont best with Armor as opposed to synthetic options. The worst symptom i have is weight gain and hair loss.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.