high white and red cell count

Posted , 4 users are following.

hiya its me again sorry for keep posting but just wondering if anyone could give me their experiance

September i started with bad chest on and off sore throat ear pain swollen neck gland tiredness dizzy feeling sick shortness of breath low grade fevers weeing alot tight chest pain under left ribcage massive tonsils a burning face and a high lymphocyte count we are now in may and still have all tbe symptoms i have lots of antibiotics and steriods i went to heamatology sorry cant spell it and he checked my blood results for the past year and my lymphocytes monocytes and neutrophils and red cells have been constantly high he has done alot of tests hes done a jak2 a bcr-abl a cal-r a molecular tests n also ldh serum protien autoimune and virology my doctor got a few of the tests back n my white n red cell count are still high a couple of things were detected but he said that just means i am imune to them n he said it does t look like i have n autoimune problem none of the other tests are back yet so does anyone no how long they will take i had them done on the 28th march n also anyone else had all tbese high blood resultsand what was your outcome thankyou

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're going through this zasperella, I have no idea what your results could mean. I just dropped by to say I've been experiencing similar symptoms to you, although my blood tests came back clear I'm worry I have something more serious. Do any of these sound familiar?

Dry mouth (mostly morning)

Tonsils still looking red/swollen (both sides),

I can feel nodes in all kinds of places (small, squishy and movable)

Mood swings

Chills (hot flashes sometimes too)

Nausea

Constipation (I think it might be caused by Ativan)

Minor occasional tinnitus

Feeling weak/shaky (Could also be the Ativan's fault?)

Anxious (I was diagnosed with anxiety)

Just curious, I've been diagnosed as "virus" and it's driving me mad. :-P 

• Posted

hiya thankyou for replying and yes they sound familiar i forgot to say i do have a dry mouth and sore eyes now and also with the ear pain get ringing in my ears and pretty much all the symptoms you have i have sorry you feel ill aswel and hope you get to the bottom of whats causing your symptoms my doctor mentioned alot of possibilities before he reffered me to the hospital but am hoping as the hospital said all my counts have been high for over a year that its not something to serious take care
    • Posted

No problem!

I haven't had sore eyes, although they have been dry at times. No ear pain either, although they sometimes feel a bit plugged and/or crackle if I yawn. Very interesting that you have similar symptoms though.

Me too! Hope you can do the same as well, and neither of us have anything serious and can get better ASAP! 

• Posted

yeah my ear goes from ringing to pain to feeling like its blocked the doctor has looked inside alot of times and found nothing but last week he said my eardrum looks like its being pulled tight or something like that so now has given me a steriod nose spray which he said would help my ear hasnt done anything as of yet lol how long have you been feeling poorly? the worst part for me is the feeling exhausted all the time and my burning face which doctor said is because of my temp i have had a temp of between 37.6 - 38.1 for 8months now have you had any other tests or what kind bloodtests did you have?
    • Posted

Oh wow! That sounds terrible 😕 I've not really had any pain there, just some discomfort.

I was also given a spray, but decided not to take it today in case it is causing some of my symptoms.

Not really sure what tests they did, but they said everything was fine and anything serious would have shown. I know it's not flu mono or strep, but kinda wish it was 😀.

Hopefully we can both get a diagnosis and get fixed pronto. I'm here to help you if I can.

• Posted

o yes can totally relate to that wish it was just as easy as that as in them saying yeah you have this n this is what we are going to do i said to my doctor once i think am going mad lol like am i imagining my symptoms and he said no there is something going on i dont know wether i just wanted him to say no your fine its in your head 😆 its the not knowing whats rong that worries people i think wasnt to worried until my doctor started mentioning serious illnesses but i suppose due to him knowing what went on with my sister she had non hodgkins lymphoma he is just being extra cautious sorry for all the long posts its just you are the 1st person i have spoken to that as alot of the same symptoms to be fare the nose spray i was given isnt doing anything that i can tell anyway hope you feel better soon and get a diagnosis and am always here if you want chat 😊

• Posted

Feel like I am going mad too. 😂

Apparently, all my symptoms can be caused by anxiety, and since my bloods were fine, I probably need to fix that in my mind, but can't seem to do it. I keep thinking lymphoma too 😐

The nose spray clears things in that area for me, but the listed side effects are things I'm already anxious about, so I've stopped 😋

Thanks for that, really appreciate it! It sucks when you can't find someone to talk to.

• Posted

yeah i have heard anxiety can cause alot of symptoms but it is easier said than done to stop worrying when you feel ill and dont know what is happening i thought it was just me being worried other nothing or just being abit run down until the doctor sent me to tbe hospital and my blood counts were out of whack but i am one of them people that once i know what is rong witb me then i am okay i cope but when i dont know whats rong i panic like mad lol i have abit of insight into lymphoma well non hodgkins as thats what my sister had she was ill for over year but like really ill constantly being sick losing weight couldnt eat was asleep pretty much all the time and at time of diagnoses the hospital said it was lucky she was still alive they said if it wasnt for .me taking great care of her she wouldnt of been there all her bloods were ridiculously out of whack so hopefully as your bloods were okay its nothing serious but of course until you find out for sure you will be worried if you still feel ill keep going back so the doctor either does more tests or trys to help you with your anxiety and hopefully then you will feel abit better 😊

• Posted

hi zasparella your symptoms just sound like Sjogren's to me and I'd advise you to ask for a referral from your gp to have that investigated. There is a test you can do to test if you're eyes and mouth are clinically dry and I'd advise that you pursue that line with your gp. They are absolutely dreadful at recognising these kind of disorders even when it's staring them in the face! 

• Posted

Hi zasperella. Sorry to disagree with your hematologist, but High red count, and also high white count plus overheating, sweating are all signs of Polycythemia Vera.  You could have secondary polycythemia. That's the kind where it could be caused by a tumor, by the environment, smoking, etc. I tested positive for the jak2 gene mutation, so I was diagnosed with primary PV. Maybe you shd ask your primary doctor to do more tests? Or also the Hematologist. Maybe they missed something before. Best wishes with a definite diagnosis. harrishill

• Posted

hiya harrishill1 thankyou for taking the time to comment polycythaemia as never been mentioned my doctor mentioned lymphoma or cll but my doctor never mentioned that my red cell count was high it was my consultant that said my lymphocytes monocytes and neutrophils and red cell count had been high for over a year hes done a jak2 a bcr-abl and a cal-r tests but i dont know how long they take to come back its been 5 weeks since i had the bloodtests he as also done a ldh serum protein electrophoresis n autoimune screen and a virology tests aswel think them ones have come back as my doctor said i dont have n autoimune disease
  • Posted

Zasperella. A high red and white count could mean you have Polycythemia Vera. That is the reason for the jak2 gene mutation test. However, you could still have Polycythemia even if the test is negative. It would just mean it was caused by something else. It didn't take very long for my test to come back. The sore throat, etc though, is confusing. Don't have a clue why you have those symptoms. I hope you have a Hematologist who can diagnose the problem. Mine was pretty good. 

Best wishes, harrishill.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.