Highest Heart Rate Panic Attack

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering what your highest heart rate has been during a panic attack?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think mine was in the 120s that's very high for me

Although there may have been times when it was higher but I just hadn't checked it

• Posted

Mine went to 205.

I didn't seek help, i just carried on working trying to ignore it.Not very clever to be honest.It is purely down to the anxiety bringing on the panic bringing on the adrenalin rush, as once you start thinking about it the fear kicks in the adrenalin surge.

I fought mine by singing to myself, or remebering some funny comedy or funny jokes.Eventually it passed but kept returning and at times i thought my heart would beat itself to death.I seriously don't recommend anyone ignoring it but the proper techniques do work in shutting down the panic and thus breaking the vicious cycle.

My techniques are.

Breathe in deeply through the nose and out the mouth & if you can blow out the air quickly after you have got a full lungs full.

Sit in front of a fan & blow it to the face.

Keep one of those small pocket fans (if you are out & about) & waft it on you face.

Above all else Try not to to pant with breathing as this will hyper-ventilate you.

I wish you all the best in breaking the cycle &/or controlling it.

Regards.

YOD.

• Posted

So 190 isn't abnormal for a panic attack??? When mine was happening they said my ECG was normal....does that mean it wasn't my heart causing the fast heart rate?
  • Posted

Have any of you been told your PR interval was short on your ekgs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.