hills and pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everyone  can anyone tell me if they get severe pain walking up a slight hill and I mean severe with fibro. ? 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Yes, however I don't know if it's my athritist, however it can be really painful, I think also having fybromyalgia makes the pain more intense.

• Posted

yes trish it does ive got arthritis and in my book it says all about it and that it,s all connected a lot of people with fibro.have arthrits and sponiliters ,migrains and skin complaints ALL of which I have ,so it,s correct also i have IBS it also says operations can cause it and i have had 4 major ops. yet again correct .
    • Posted

I also have IBS and diverticular, migraines and it all came about after an operation to remove my gallbladder, my joints ache every day, to the point where even going to doctors is a big task, there is loads of different problems with Fabriomyalgia and each day I seem to find out more and more, also the depression is now more severe because I'm literally house bound and spend a lot of days by myself, I wouldn't have believed my life can be like this, it's such a contrast to my previous generally healthy life, it just frustrates me.

• Posted

good morning Trisha,ye mine too i cant do half of what i took for granted beforethis,and like you i have had my womb ,overies ,tubes,cervix removed ,and hernia op.and 2 ceasers.,and my book says (fine nerve damage can cause it and alo have dep.axiety. so so frustraiting as you say .
    • Posted

I feel the exact same way Trisha!! I was so active and enjoyed my job and being a mom. I loved cooking and couldn't wait to surprise my family with new meals... now cutting veggies kill my hands so I bought a veggie chopper. I make things that are fairly simple or can be thrown in the crockpot. I am not alone because I am married with 4 children but I still feel alone. It's hard to explain to the children that I can't clean up after them the way I once did. I believe the combination of that and the pain keeps us depressed.

Sending you hugs.

• Posted

Hi Denise,

yes I do, although like trisha, I also have arthritis so not sure if some of the pain is from that.  The arthritis seems to affect my joints and the Fibro, well for me anyway, Fibro is an all over burning, toothache kind of hurt from my head to my toes and walking full stop,  is very difficult.  Where does it hurt exactly and have you checked it out with your doctor?

• Posted

hiya Sukes yes ive been two and fro for 2 yrs, whist they did MRI tests and xrays and blood tests ect. and now say it,s fibro.with ostio arthrits ,sponiliters and confirmed IBS too all of these have took 2 yrs. to get the proof and yet still told ( no cure ) 
    • Posted

Exactly the same problems I have, but add unstable angina in the mix.  We all need putting into a bag and have someone to give it a good shake  cheesygrin

• Posted

Yes, I walked to the store yesterday and didn't realize that it would be quite so painful. I also felt exhausted. The walk was about 7 minutes but most of it was at an slight incline. I am paying for it today.

• Posted

hiya jennakiah, yes it used to take me 20 mins. to go to the co-op.and now it,s just over and hour bacause im in agony with hills i shake and everything like ive over exercised im sick of it really am sad

• Posted

I'm honestly glad and appreciate that there are others who understand. My husband is great but I often feel like a burden on him. He works so much to take care of all of us then helps around the house on weekends while I am often bedridden.

I want to be active. I want to lose weight. I want to wake up one day with no pain at all. Just to be able to stand up without wondering if I am going to fall.... what I would give for that.

Hugs to you Denise. No one should have to live like this day in and day out.

• Posted

hiya Jen. yes I know someone whom has not got this wouldnt have any Idea of the awful pain day in day out hope they find a cure soon really do ... 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.