Hip and knee pain after sitting on uncomfortable furnishings

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I’m 22 years old and today I had to sit in a meeting for around two hours on a very uncomfortable bench. I get occasional hip pain, I have had numerous tests which came back as inconclusive. Their best guess was a Labral Tear.

When I sit on uncomfortable furnishings for around 30mins+ this does tend to happen and the pain stays with me for a few days.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’ve had enough and would love some answers!

Thank you!!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Bethany, may I ask which tests have you had? X-ray, MRI, ultrasound? I don't understand the "best guess" terminology. Was there an actual diagnosis of labral tear? If they suspect a tear, then they should pursue that until they know if you have one or not. A labral tear would certainly cause pain. There are many hip conditions that can cause pain, both with soft tissue and bone. Hope your medical professionals can get to the bottom of this.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve had an MRI and X-Rays however they were all inconclusive. They gave me a steroid injection that worked for around 6 months, and now the pain has come back. Not as bad but still extremely achy and sore at times. 

It’s just when I sit on hard furnishings it seems to aggravate my hip and the pain is really intense!

Doctors are happy to leave it because I can still continue with my everyday routine, obviously it’s just the pain that I will have to deal with!

• Posted

I'll bet they are happy to leave it. They don't have to suffer with the pain! Well, you can carry a cushion with you for when you must sit on those hard surfaces. I don't know why anyone is expected to sit on an uncomfortable bench for two hours. I can't take them for more than a few minutes myself, but then I am 70 years old. Everything hurts at my age. Hope your situation improves, but if not, then check with the physician again. Things can get worse over time. Take care! If it is a labral tear, they tend to get worse, and don't heal well on their own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.