hip bursitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I have had Xray and MRI which showed beginnings of arthritis is the hips. I've had 2 cortisone injections into right hip joint. The last one in Jan. I've also had cortisone injections into both hips 2 months ago for hip bursitis. These have worn off already. I cannot take anti inflammatory medicine. I also have a tear in the hip as well. I asked consultant about having the bursa removed and he said "you don't need that" this was before the last round of injections. I can't have injections every 2 months!!! Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do. He said to young for hip replacement I'm 53. Mother has had 2 And cousin just has hers done she is 55.

Any advice would be appreciated.....shall I get a 2nd opinion???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue, I'm so sorry and I know what you're going through . I recently read an article that said when you get injections in your bursa you need them in all four , on each side if you have it on both hips . I myself am going to have a bursectomy on Monday by an arthroscopic orthopedic surgeon . I don't know if they can do that for someone who has arthritis in there already , but I would Google or try to find an orthopedic arthroscopic surgeon in your area , I know there's one in Mesa Arizona . Get a foam roller and roll out your IT bands, and that is very important , just learned to painfully roll onto one not and stay there and relax for at least a minute and go down each leg . It's painful but it helps a lot and stretching . I also take a lot of natural anti-inflammatories , and use lidocaine patches at night where the pain is , you can get those from your GP they're wonderful. My heart goes out to you I hope you find some relief , I have a bad back and a bad neck also as well as bursitis in both hips . I hope this helps , Take care😆
  • Posted

I would think hip replacement might be something for the future....have you tried fish oil and glucosamine? They should help reduce some of the pain. Glucosamine with msm and chondroitin is a vary good combo...they compliment one another.But it takes around a month to kick in.  It sounds like arthritis may be genetic for you, but finding ways of helping your joints without having to go down the hip replacement route would be better, as the new hip joints only last around ten years, so you would need it done again then. I hope that is of help. x
    • Posted

Yes oh yes I took plenty of those natural anti-inflammatories , glucosamine end everything. one of the most potent things is ground cloves and you put them in capsules. If you have a pool assessable try swimming and keeping things moving and bicycling, my heart goes out to you . I don't have any real arthritic problems with my hips or knees . You are very right about natural anti-inflammatories . It is not good to take any other ibuprofen or anything unnatural as it damages your organs . Good luck to you my dear and thank you for your your comments . Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.