Hip enquiry as a 16 year old male.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I a a 16 year old male. I noticed a few years ago that my hips were different from those of my friends and those of any male I looked at after I noticed. To keep it short, my hips are basically identical to those of a female's. The bones stick out and they are wide. If you were to look at a comparison of male and female hips, mine are identical to those of the female. Before anyone suggests Kleinfelter's syndrome, I have no other symptoms of it. In fact, I have a very deep voice, a fair amount of body hair, a defined face, normal sized genitals, no breast tissue and I can easily build muscle. So it can't be low testosterone. They cause me serious self confidence issues and make me hate myself as well as being uncomfortable for lying down and using things like seatbelts because the bones stick out. If it is of any interest I am a twin to a female with down syndrome. It is seriously getting me down because no one I know of has the same issue and I just feel singled out and confused. Does anyone know why this could be, what I should do and if there is any cure at all?

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Samuel,

Sorry I don’t have any ideas or help for your issue.  You sound like a great person, hang in there!  Everyone is different and develops differently.  Maybe your family doctor can get you some answers or point you in the right direction.  Best wishes!!!  😀😀😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.