Hip Keyhole Surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys and gals,

?I have had an update from the hospital from the arthrogram and MRI scan I had. I have a tear on my labrum of the hip. Where this tear is, a cyst has formed which is most likely causing the majority of the pain as whenever I partake in physical actions it's almost as my hip joint is pushing against this cyst. I believe to have sciatica because of where this cyst is positioned. Anyways, because of this I am going to have keyhole surgery, otherwise known as an arthoscopy, the doctors are going to remove the cyst and try to amend the tear. They may need to rebuild the cartilage if it's badly worn, they want to do this by receiving bone marrow from myself and fertilising it so the cartilage grows stronger.

Personally, I believe I should of had a full hip replacement, however I'm glad things are finally getting done. I hope this procedure allows me a few years to be active and happy again. Being 18 years old and having previous operations consisting of different things it's been a lot to pull my head around, but I'm asking for advice if anyone has some for me. Has anyone had a arthroscopy before, preferently on their hip? How did the procedure go? I'd love to hear from you. My operation is estimated at the 20th of March, nearly two weeks! Crapping myself. eek

?Amber.

?X

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I know this is a LONG time too late. I hope all went well for you. My Dr is recommending a hip arthroscopy for me and I am 61. He said they normally wouldn't do it at my age but my hip bones are in good shape and no arthritis at all. My problem is ongoing pain for 20+ years progressively getting worse. All attempts at getting rid of the pain have not worked and the MRA has not showed anything. This is for diagnostic and remedial repair if needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.