Hip, leg strong pain for almost 1 year.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I will try make it short since its very hard to explain and even doctors don't know what I am talking about sometimes.

I started having hip and leg pain for almost a year. The pain starts at the top of the hip and lower back of my right leg. It goes down through the center to near my calf and ankle. I can't describe how the pain feels but from a scale of 1-10 I'd say 8 or 9. When I start getting the pain it slowly gradually increases until the point that I am laying on my bed rolling of pain. It has a throbbing sensation and its continuous and really annoying.

Doctors have done MRI, X Rays, blood tests, etc and everything looks "good". Next, they sent me to physiotherapy which worked for a couple weeks but then it came back and that's where I am now. I recently went to another doctor and referred me to physiotherapy again.

I have been taking painkillers (Panadol/Panadrex/Cataflam/Voltaren, etc) and it usually takes about 1 hour to relief the pain. It is a daily occurrence which means I'm damaging my liver and I'm just 19 which I don't believe its very good. I am lightly active and overall health is good. I would like to get a second opinion here and see if anyone knows about this ans could help me out. Thanks and sorry for the long post but its very important to me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

imageimage

I painted the areas where I get most pain in a red/pink color.

• Posted

I have been dealing with left hip, hip flexors and piriformis issues so bad since March. I upped my pred to 30mg from 15, no help Saw my Rhumy and he said its not PMR. I've seen 3 orthopedics and waiting on the 4th soon. I've reduced pred to 5 mg. I've had no reducing issues. I've been on ored for 6 yrs. This is amazing. My suggestion is to get numerous deep tissue massages . IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT HELPED! I seriously was crying in pain before that. I can at least function now until it gets figured out! I've had MRI and XRays.

I plan on posting my issues as soon as I get a diagnosis This is ridiculous.

• Posted

It really sucks to deal with pain like this. I not only have this, but also jaw pain of the same severity I'd say which makes it worse. The pain is unbearable. Thanks for your response.

• Posted

Do you remember doing anything that brought the pain on in the first place such as twisting awkwardly and sitting/lying in a funny position? I made the mistake of letting a so-called therapist do work on my earlier this year which ended up with my hips being twisted suddenly to the side and have had intermittent back/hip/leg pain since. I can hardly move when the pain is really bad. They thought I had a slipped disc in my back and sciatica and I saw a phyio who gave me exercises which were making it worse! I stopped doing them and it improved slightly and tried doing ones for piriformis problems I looked up online which seem to be helping a bit too. Also try heat and make sure your back is supported when sitting and in bed if you lie on your back put a pillow under your knees and if you lie on your side put a pillow or cushion between your knees to keep your spine in line. Hope you find something that helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.