Hip OA. Can bone fragments 'move'?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have OA in both knees and 1 hip. I've had an injection in 1 knee but it didn't make any difference. My hip has been getting worse recently with a grinding sound and feel - especially going up and down stairs. The pain has been awful. However, tonight, it seems like the 'bits' that were grinding have moved. The pain has gone and I have a lot more movement. Is this something that can happen and will it last? Thanks for any replies! Sue xxx

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

What exactly did you have injected into your knee? There are different types of stem cells, or hyluronic acid or PRP or cortisone ...
    • Posted

It was a steroid injection and made no difference at all. To say I was disappointed is an understatement!
    • Posted

Very interesting, is it available in UK?
    • Posted

Yes it is.  Google Holland  & Barrett  now sell cannabis oil

• Posted

Perhaps a bone spur broke off.  Have you told your doctor all of this?  What was  the response.
    • Posted

It only happened last night. It still feels so much better today. I was thinking it might be a bit of 'gravel' that had worn off and moved to somewhere that wasn't interfering with movement?

• Posted

Enjoy the reprie! Have you been doing exercises? It's probably temporary but enjoy it!

• Posted

I've not been exercising although I should do really. I'm enjoying being without the pain, and hoping it lasts!

• Posted

Cortisone is a steroid .  I know people who have this injected into their knees and they quite often have relief for 6 months, sometimes less, sometimes like you, not at all .  It is not meant to be a permanent and never is.

Long may your pain free life go on!  You might want to investigate CBD oil made from hemp oil. It is legal in 50 states. It is a medical marijuana oil but does NOT  contain THC which is the chemical that makes you high.  Anyone can buy it online, or in health food stores. I’m going to try it for sleep... because I suffer from insomnia and Seriously, who doesn’t?  

I’ve read a lot of positive information about it.  It’s also supposed to have anti inflammatory properties and I’m hoping it will also help with my knees

• Posted

I started physio this week. It makes perfect sense to exercise because the lack of it can make the muscles around your painful knee joints weaken and in turn not help the OA to improve.
    • Posted

I started physio this week. It makes perfect sense to exercise because the lack of it can make the muscles around your painful knee joints weaken and in turn not help the OA to improve.
  • Posted

Hi Sue

So very happy to hear of your pain free.

I'm just starting to experience OA in both knees (see previous posts) so don't have any idea of how long your pain free feelings will last but I hope it will be forever.

I don't have grinding feelings just a very painful hot poker stabbing pains.

• Posted

Thanks. Hot poker describes it perfectly!
  • Posted

No idea but enjoy your pain free time, hope it's forever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.