Hip OA. Can bone fragments 'move'?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have OA in both knees and 1 hip. I've had an injection in 1 knee but it didn't make any difference. My hip has been getting worse recently with a grinding sound and feel - especially going up and down stairs. The pain has been awful. However, tonight, it seems like the 'bits' that were grinding have moved. The pain has gone and I have a lot more movement. Is this something that can happen and will it last? Thanks for any replies! Sue xxx

1 like, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

What exactly did you have injected into your knee? There are different types of stem cells, or hyluronic acid or PRP or cortisone ...
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Enjoy the reprie! Have you been doing exercises? It's probably temporary but enjoy it!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Cortisone is a steroid .  I know people who have this injected into their knees and they quite often have relief for 6 months, sometimes less, sometimes like you, not at all .  It is not meant to be a permanent and never is.

Long may your pain free life go on!  You might want to investigate CBD oil made from hemp oil. It is legal in 50 states. It is a medical marijuana oil but does NOT  contain THC which is the chemical that makes you high.  Anyone can buy it online, or in health food stores. I’m going to try it for sleep... because I suffer from insomnia and Seriously, who doesn’t?  

I’ve read a lot of positive information about it.  It’s also supposed to have anti inflammatory properties and I’m hoping it will also help with my knees

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I started physio this week. It makes perfect sense to exercise because the lack of it can make the muscles around your painful knee joints weaken and in turn not help the OA to improve.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I started physio this week. It makes perfect sense to exercise because the lack of it can make the muscles around your painful knee joints weaken and in turn not help the OA to improve.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Sue

So very happy to hear of your pain free.

I'm just starting to experience OA in both knees (see previous posts) so don't have any idea of how long your pain free feelings will last but I hope it will be forever.

I don't have grinding feelings just a very painful hot poker stabbing pains.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up