Hip OA pain relief

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone could tell me what's the best pain relief for Hip pain ? Since I've been pregnant last year, my OA flare up in my hands and my right hip which never gave me any signs of problem, has been hurting a lot lately. I 'm very concerned about the hips because I know this pain that goes through my leg down to my knee will only get worse and I can't imagine how will it be to have even more pain and discomfort than now. I feel very unlucky I'm only 39 and if  they don't find an effective cure very soon I know I'll need surgery one day. My baby is only 9 months and the hip pain started at the end of my pregnancy only and now it's getting worse. What can I do? I don't want to take anti inflammatory pills because of side effects. Is there any good creams that helps and what else can I do to stop this pain? I Feel sad that I know now that my life with my child won't be same.  I wish that a effective cure can be found near future. I'll pray to God xx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Every case is different, but two potential causes of hip pain (that doctors don't typically pick up on well) are:

1. Nerve pain.

2. Myofascial / trigger point pain.

In my non-expert opinion I'd have thought one of these to be a more likely candidate than actual joint pain. Fortunately both very treatable without pain killers.

Where exactly do you feel the hip pain? Can you describe the pain? When is it at it's worst (on moving, at rest?)?

Don't give up yet!! There's every chance that you can resolve the symptoms and get rid of the pain.

• Posted

My consultant recommended Voltarol gel for my OA finger which I found helped
    • Posted

I'm starting to use that cream. It helps a bit.
  • Posted

Your pain sounds similar to mine.  Down the front from hip to knee like toothach in my leg, similar at tbe back, tenderness at the side and a grating sensation in my groin.  I can't take AFs either.  I take cocodamol 30/500 when i need to.  The GP prescribes Piroxicam gel and I also use Pernaton gel which I buy frim Amazon (or Holland & Barratt when it s on special).  I'm being referred for physio and the mext step is THR.  I hope you find some relief Leni x
  • Posted

Hello Leni,  I think you would be best to go to your GP for a proper diagnoses,  it is difficult to recommend anything until you know for sure what is causing the pain. It could be siatica is it sharp shooting pains? 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hello. No the pain is hard to describe. It's not constant. Sometimes it's in the side of leg other times in the groin. This condition runs in my family so almost sure it's OA.
    • Posted

Sorry i am not able to help, i do suffer with OA but mine is in the knees and spine. Get a proffessional opinion with your GP to be sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.