Hip osteotomy surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

has anyone had hip osteotomy surgery?

i need to make a decision on wether to have that surgery or wait for a hip replacement although i could end up having 3 in my life time i am now 22

any feedback will be appreciated

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

osteotomy surgery hi louise what does this involve ive had many different procedures over 30years but happy to share with you

regards paul

• Posted

Could you explain more about the procedure?

Is it a choice between starting off with 1 osteotomy surgery that could lead to

potentially 3 total and hip replacement whenever you have enough damage or pain from it?

I have just had a labrum repair and both acetabular and femoral osteotomy performed. It was my choice to do it now or wait till Im in enough pain cause my labrum is torn off and at which point need a hip replacement.

I just turned 27 and have had a total of 3 surgeries in 13 months all from a crush injury i sustained during the 2017 hurricanes.

• Posted

i was born with hip dysplasia , had many operations at a young age. i had my check up xray recently and its not at stage of a replacement yet but the doctors have given me a few choices 1. to have the hip oesteomy procedure which could prolong me having a hip replacement later on in my life as i am only 22 which could only then be 1 replacement later on or leave my hip as it is at the moment (as i am in no constant pain) and wait for a hip replacement when the time comes... although he said i could end up having 3 replacements in my lifetime if i dont have the oesteomy ..both ops are big procedures but im very unsure on what to do! hope this makes sense

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.