hip pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have a right hip pain it feel sore and when i sit down when i am driving 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Could be the onset of OA. Very common with CHD i have noticed. Has it just started?
    • Posted

OA is ostreoarthiritis were the bone is rubbing against each other as there is no cartlidge left and chd is congenital hip dysplasia. ( if thats what you have) i just kinda assumed because of the forum
    • Posted

sorry to hear about your ongoing pain, have you been put on any pain medication?

My story is not very encouraging but 10 months ago I was diagnosed with HIP BURSITIS but all the pain killers dont seem to work, Naproxene 5000 x 2 together with Co Codomol 8 tablets a day, then I reverted to Paracetemol because Co Codomol caused constipation.   Now doctor has said to take CODEINE x 3 but have been pursuing THR but they tell me that the arthiritis does not warrant me going on the list because it is not bad enough.

So now I am pursuing going privately, anything to stop this pain altogether.  Awaiting to see Consultant 1st April for him to determine whether the pain is caused by ARTHIRITIS OR HIP BURSITIS.

I have been virtually housbound because it is too painful to walk or even get into my car for appointments.

I hope Stephen u do not have this experience with pain and non diagnosis as I did. Good luck anyway.

• Posted

Yes it began on the hip and dr.asked if I would like a steroid injection but this did not help and the pain has persisted for nine months and this is coupled with excruciating groin pain especially when rising from a sitting position. How about u Stephen have u been put on numerous pain killers which I find does not relieve the pain much and come with their own side effects. Good luck Stephen.

• Posted

Hi Stephen,  yes I saw my consultant orthopedic surgeon on 1st April which cost me £420 which I was glad to pay if only to have him say yes the x-rays showed deterioration of the hip arthritis in one year and that the pain was being caused by lack of cartilage in between bones, hence bone on bone is causing this friction.  No mention was made of HIP BURSITIS, which does not show on x-ray only MRI would show an inflamed BURSA.  The good news is he will do the THR on the NHS.  Still think it is unfair I had to pay to be listened to.
  • Posted

did your pain start from the neck and lower back to hip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.