Hip pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok so im a 36 yr old female i had my left hip replaced last yr in june and still have alot of pain and surgeon csnt figure out why bone scan mri snd ct came back normal but i googled my symptoms and it ssid it could be psoas impingement so if i have that why does it not show on the tests cause the pain starts in the groin down to my knee making my leg collapse and if i bend a certainway my tendon pops pls help me figurr this out wonder if i should get a second opinion

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would get another opinion, doctors are fallible too, and make mistakes or miss things like everyone else. Pain is not part of the healing process.

Best wishes

Graham

• Posted

I agree with Graham. You should definitely get another opinion. I hope you get an answer and solution soon.

• Posted

I too suffer some pain following a hip replacement one year ago last August and a second one this April. My pain is probably not as severe as yours. I'm fine around the house. But when I take my dog for a walk I have groin pain in the left side (done over a year ago) and shin pain on my right. Sometimes my left leg seems to give way at the knee. I have had a bone scan and a nerve test, neither of which showed anything. I see the surgeon again in December to see if there is any improvement. Last night when I walked, the pain was minimal. Other days it is much more pronounced. So I have no idea what could be going on.

• Posted

From personal experience only, I had my THR just over a year ago and all went well until I put too much strain on the Piriformis Musle which, in turn, grated alongside the Sciatic Nerve at the top of my Femur. My point it there do seem to be a lot of different aches and pains after surgery and I because it is major surgery it is only probable that we get these problems from time to time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.