Hip pain after hip revision op when I didn’t have any pain before

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello

i had a hip revision op, all was going really well I was doing all my exercises and walking without a stick etc. I went on holiday in UK, all was good. However after a three hour journey on the way back home, when i arrived home my hip was really painful to walk on. its very gradually getting better however i just cannot do one of the exercises that i could previously do easily (10 reps no problem) i cant even do one, its the one where you lie on your good hip, hips stacked legs straight and you lift the top leg up and hold for a few seconds. has anyone else experienced this ? its been two weeks since our journey back home from our holiday and now 7 weeks since my op.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hi, When you say journey, are you talking about walking? 7 weeks is still the early stages and your hip is still healing. It maybe best to take it easy for a few weeks, then see your surgeon if the pain persist. take care!

• Edited

hi when i say journey i mean a car journey, sat down for around 3 and a half hours and its just not been the same since, i was doing so well and its like i have gone backwards, so frustrating !

• Posted

oh ok, glad you weren't walking. I don't recall having alot of pain from sitting but then again, 3.5 hours is a long time and could cause muscle soreness. Maybe rest and ice may do it. With revision surgery, your hip needs extra care. The more surgery, the more stressed everything around it becomes. I know it can be frustrating but hang in there, it may not be anything serious. take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.