Hip pain dreadful

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have hip pain on and off but very frequent . But some pain I get is also either side of groin . Is this connected to hips too . It's very tender and painful . Nothing eases pain

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I googled and found a page about groin pain in males in the Mayo Clinic website, and it lists 24 possible causes. So, it may be connected to problems with your hips, and it may not. It's probably best to see an orthopedist for a diagnosis and treatment plan. Have you seen a physician yet about your hip pain?

• Posted

Hello Ray, I know your suffering. However I know the cause. First let me relay that the groin pain is expected if your problem is the same as mine. November of last year I was forced to stop my three to four days of senior doubles tennis as the pain in my right thigh and knee were too much. After a trip to my GP and physical therapy i was xrayed and found all the cartilage in the right hip was gone. Orthopedic surgeon said i was ok for total hip replacement even at my age of 86. I did not immediately agree but for the last two monthes i have been working on building up my leg and other muscles to make for a better recovery from the surgery. Get an xray and evaluation. There are not too many other problems that guve those symptoms. By the way do you have trouble pulling the bad leg up to your chest? That's a big indicator of bad hip joint.

Paul

• Posted

Certainly need a mri and xray Paul that's for sure . Yes it does hurt pulling leg up but only slightly

• Posted

On first Ortho appt, I told doc I'd had MRI and he said they don't need it for hip.

• Posted

Paul, have you had the hip replacement yet.  I fell off a chair and caught my leg which pulled the femor out of socket and tore cartilage, now have bone spurs and was told to get PT to build up muscles.  I just finished that PT and muscles are stronger but have terrible pain in groin, burning pain.  Wondering if your surgery took away your groin and hip pain or if you are still waiting. 
    • Posted

I put it on the back burner. I equated the period of total immobility and pain against life expectancy. I have a wife who needs me alive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.