Hip pain for over three years.

Posted , 2 users are following.

For over three years now I've been having severe pain in my left hip, and I can feel the bones grind and click when I walk. PT did not work, and an MRI showed a strained ligament and muscle. Could that really not heal after three years??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I should clarify that the strains were "mild" according to my doctor.

• Posted

I don't know what to tell you. I had X-rays and MRA (MRI with and without contrast) and nothing showed up as wrong. Pain for 20 years getting worse. Dr did the normal things, shots, PT, etc. He finally said I needed an arthroscope to see what was wrong. He suspected a torn tendon. Well, I did have a torn tendon and I had a torn labrum and cartilage damage and FAI. I also had bursa fixed. So, I am proof that the xrays, etc show what's wrong. I had 8 things done during my 3 hour surgery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.