Hip pain in young female

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had hip pain in my left hip for 2-3 years. I'm 22 years old. I was born with hip dysplasia in the left hip which was treated (a bit too late) but nothing wrong shows up on x rays. I get pain after doing certain activities such as bending down, lifting things from the ground, walking long distances (especially on hard surfaces), running etc. Especially the bending up and down can leave the hip painful for max. two days afterwards. I feel no pain if I'm not doing or have'nt done any of those activities. My bmi is normal. I have severe vitamin D and iron deficiency .image

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think I might have the same issue I'm 23 and have had the issue on and off for about 3 years. never had any issues with my hips before but I work in a very physical job and some days I get a pain in one of my hips. sometimes I'm able to crack my hip and the pain subsides a little but others I cant seem to crack it. I do find too that it happens when I'm doing a lot of bending over and lifting. stretching really seems to help. I'd love to get to the bottom of it! hope you get a reply!

• Posted

Hi there! I went through a pretty similar issue, I was born with hip dysplasia too and was diagnosed when I was around 2 years old and I still get issues. I used to get a lot of the pains you mentioned, I still do on times but it's less common and doesn't hurt as much. I had an left hip arthroscopy in 2018, I had a lot of damage going on but it was all due to leaving the procedure too late. As well as you, an xray did no justice in showing any problems but I had a MRI which showed that I had a lot of damage going on. This was about 4 years worth of damage though, so please don't be put out. I think you should insist on a MRI to see if you can get clearer results, hope this helps! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.