Hip pain when sleeping

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone experiencing hip pain when sleeping? I walk two to three miles most days ,I have no pain. I am not overweight,but once asleep hips will ache. I am thinking pressure points.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I have this often. Likely it is the way you sleep putting pressure on the hip joint. If you are a side sleeper try putting a thick pillow between you knees. That helps.
  • Posted

Yes, I have had this too.  My mom too at around 50--  it was time for a new mattress for her.  We bought a new mattress, I sleep with a pillow between my knees and I swim.  I also take many supplements.
    • Posted

Also try hip and leg stretches before bed.. And also in the morning when you wake.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle.. I experience that as well!! I’m fit and not over weight either.. I also get aches in my calf’s 😔 

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I am 55, I too experience this pain off and on. I thought it was my bed, I changed the bed and I still have hip pain. Man menopause is a mother of a doozy. It is the gift that did not want, but keeps on giving.
    • Posted

Hi Karen, I know this really stinks!! I’m 52... so I guess I have a ways to go still!!! My hips ache and my calf’s . So over it! Have you found anything that helps? I try to do light yoga and stretching seems to help a little bit! 
  • Posted

I wake up with aching hips. My heels are also super tight when I first get out of bed. To the extent that my husband mentioned it. I haven’t found a solution yet.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.