Hip/pelvic pain for the past 5 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if anyone could help with any ideas about this pain I have been experiencing. 

I keep getting this sudden sharp shooting pain in my inner hip/pelvic area on the left side, I keep hoping it will go away but if anything it’s getting worse as the pain is lasting longer.

I can be sitting, standing, moving or even laying down and the pain will come on. 

I don’t really experience any stiffness in the joint but the pain is that bad I do have to stop everything, painkillers I have tried don’t seem to work

Incase it is relevant-

I also have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kitty, Sorry if a guy replies, but a lot of women do not know about some medical help they should seriously investigate. I only know about it because I somehow inherited a lot of medical friends.

Tons of women on this forum site complain of pelvic pain, fibroids, etc. What most women do not realize is going to your OBGYN is not giving the complete or accurate advice. Also asking them what to do will not give you all your options. Why? Because they have no financial interest to send you to another type of medical profession.

That medical profession is “Interventional Radiology”, or IR for short. This is NOT guys who only chart read. IR’s are in my opinion the Navy Seal teams in hospitals. When patients get really really sick, an IR is usually brought in to assist. 

IR means doing thing non-invasively by going through your arteries to the source of trouble and fixing it without cutting you. They have many procedures for women and men. Any good hospital has IR’s, you just need to ask for them, or possibly look them up online.

I had a fascinating discussion with one of my IR friends today who has probably just discovered a new class of ailments women have and new simple procedures for them. IR’s do lots of pelvic pain work.

If you are in Chicago, look up Steve Smith (LaGrange Hospital and several others) or Bob Vogelzang (NW Memorial), both top IR’s. I get nothing out of this other than knowing maybe more people will be educated and find better, less invasive ways to heal themselves.

• Posted

PS I think Dr Steve Smith just discussed Polycycstic Overy Syndrom with me today but could be wrong. Also, if you seach “Dr Steven Smith Hinsdale” you will find the right Steven Smith. If you search “Dr Bob Vogelzang” you will find him too.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Hello,

I have been going through the same thing for the last few months. Mine started as a lower right abdominal pain (sometimes upper), and has gotten much worse and the pelvic pain has become very prominent. 

I am always sick nauseous, dizzy, achy/weak, GI issues, along with this stabbing/burning/shooting pelvic pain. I don’t know how many of my symptoms could be coming from the pelvic congestion, but I do know that it all seems to hit me at once. It was very cyclic, but now, it’s just every day...with some being worse than others. 

I kept going to GI and primary care, and finally, a friend asked if it was cyclic and recommended I see OBGYN. They did an ultrasound and saw some cysts along with “inflammation”, which lead us to an MRI that showed a “bright spot”, and finally, an MRA definitely suggested pelvic congestion. 

I’ll be seeing an interventional radiologist on Tuesday 5/8/18 (as well as an OBGYN MD to discuss the additional possibility of endometriosis) so I’m hoping they can help. Go get checked out, and don’t be afraid to speak up. Don’t allow yourself to be told that it’s nothing...it’s hard to find if the doctor doesn’t consider it, but as Billy mentioned, it seems to be easily treated. But it’s proven to be incredibly painful (at least for mesomeone who certainly knows pain).  

Best of luck, I hope you get this figured out and get feeling better quickly!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.