Hip problems

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello,

I had a hip problem in my teens and had it over 15 years. I was diagnosed at 30 with a hip tear in my labrum. It was sewn back however the surgeon said i could return to sport and doing so, i later re-tore it. This time injuring both.

three years later i had both operated on and the surgeon couldnt finish one hip because his tool broke. He said he removed the damage cartilage and did same both hips. Taking some bone out. 

He said I could get my gait good again just by building up my cartilage with only 60 percent cartilage left on both sides. However it has always still been weaker on my right side. 

I was told i have arthritis in my left hip.  I heep hurting it in accidents. I have never known a normal hip feeling except one year at 30 years old. I used to be a good sportsman at 16 years. 

I cannot find any information on prospects of stem cell therapy that is proven on bone with little cartilage. Successful trials and or how long it may be before they can do hip cartilage injections of stem cells and ones for the bone too.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.