Hip replaacement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had hip revision 5 weeks ago thought things ok but last couple of days had strange feeling in leg. When l walk it feels like the bones are clicking. I've had two hip replacements and l revision but never experienced this before feel concerned. Anyone else had this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pat,

Yes i had a TLHR 3yrs ago and my hip squeaks loud like a squeaky door, it does also click when walking it feels like a cog wheel getting stuck In the groves. I was told it's rare but I have a faulty cup but they won't change it due to all the complications I've had with surgeries.

They say if it doesn't cause you pain just leave it, I have pain with mine but my surgeon won't operate as I recently had Spinal surgery and had a nerve stimulator paddle implant for chronic nerve pain put in in Febuary this year so no more surgeries until my body recovers.

Best of luck

Sue

• Posted

to you too, Sue ... so sorry to hear how long you have been dealoing with this , darling ... 

maybe you can start your own discussion (see green block) - there might be members here who can help you -- 

angel blessings

• Posted

Yes, I do have very occasional squeaking and clicking.

Squeaking usually seems to be when it's very hot, and I am bending down to tie my shoelaces.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.