Hip replacement 3 weeks ago

Posted , 7 users are following.

i am feeling great with my new hip right side ..but my left side non hip replacement side is so sore and heavy. i was limping so back for months before i got on a cane (vanity ) ..im wondering if anyone else had this experience and will it subside

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am three years out from two hip replacements ( anterior approach) . feel like had nothing done. Amazing!

In May had first hip; i had hard time walking. i needed the other hip done. Had second hip done in August. A PA friend assisted doctor on surgery...when came out of surgery he told me..surgery a success..but you do l ow you need another hip!

This just my experience .

prayers foe continue healing...and may just be more time needed.

• Posted

Can anyone relate ?

ive been off work for nearly 1 yr bc im a lisbility hobbling around .

i started with injections to relieve pain, PT, dry needling... for 6mnts

i am now 3mnts post arthroscopy

on my right hip . I am quite fit, 43 yrs of age .

i had extensive work to remove a cyst, shave bony segments , repair a labrum tear , and smooth areas .

I continued PT for 5x a week and now have resorted back to nearky 75%pain regression .

im so sad and feel had i had a THR

i would habe bounced back much earlier... i have a 2nd opinion in 5 days with another orthepedic surgeon . Am i too young to have this surgery. I am so ready.

Im back to limping , walking short distances and can not return to work if i cannot run or possibly intervene in escalated situations!

Thanks Kelly

• Posted

Hi Kelly

I too had an Arthroscopy 2 years ago and whilst it did help me regain some movement, it did not help with the pain. I am 48 and was concerned about being so young and needing further hip replacements, but made the decision to go ahead in the hope of having a normal life after 5 years of restrictions and pain. I had a thr 3 weeks ago and the pain has gone ! I just need to work on regaining strength but so far, I feel it was the best decision for me. I'm not going to lie, it was the worst experience of my life for the first week, as nobody had explained how traumatic it would be having a major op and I suffered terribly with all the medication not to mention the difficulty doing anything for myself and at one point I wished I'd not had it done....but after 8 days, everything changed and I have come on leaps and bounds and now I am out and about (with one crutch) and not even taking painkillers any more. I have to have my other hip replaced too and I have to say that I can't wait, especially now I know what to expect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.