Hip replacement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone suffered strange feelings after a hip revision. I can't put full weight on leg yet after 5 weeks till l go next week for my 6 week check up.

But have these strange feelings in my leg when listening walk like s clicks feel and when you touch the leg it sorts of jerks. Anyone else or is it just me.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Dear Pat

If your fitness level was poor before hip surgery and or if you were overweight then regaining muscle strength is bound to take time.

Regarding the clicks you are experiencing this needs to be investigated.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Thanks RichardKen

I think l will go the walk in centre as l am concerned. It feels like everything moving. As l said lve had two replacements but never had this feeling.

I know after so long and being older things will take longer. Let you know how l get on.

• Posted

Dear Pat

Lovely day here for a walk. Hope you get some answers to put your mind at ease.

I'm off to the local hospital this afternoon to hear what my latest PSA reading is. Always a nervous time!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Good luck with that my husband is due psa check soon been diagnosed since January.
    • Posted

Dear Renee

Thanks. All went well as my PSA is still at a level that really cannot be measured...phew!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Dear Pat

Thanks. PSA is so that a meaningful measure was not possible. Is your husband's a first time or a routine test?

Cheers Richard

• Posted

hi pat, 

warm welcome to the hippies forum ...

I am a little confused about your question --- you can not put full weight on your leg and you are walking ... what percentage of weight can you put on your leg? Sometimes  this popping sensation occurs while the hip is healing due to a tendon, called the psoas tendon, rubbing against the new hip.

Does it hurt?   If you are very worried, maybe you can see the surgeon sooner ..

Let us know how you are getting on, okay

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Thanks Renee.

That was the problem before the head of the joint was rubbing on the tendons, l couldn't even lift my leg high enough to put my jeans on.

Will see how l go tonight and ring drs or go to walk in centre.

I had cortisone injection but just ran out because of scar tissue.

I am on crutches & have been told not to put weight on foot so only walking on tip toe on that leg. Till go back to surgeon next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.