Hip Replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 65 years young woman and I am having my right hip replaced May 7, I have had many many surgeries do to a work related accident over 12 years ago in which I almost lost my left arm. My surgeon was amazing and he will be doing my hip replacement as well.  Having said all this I am extremely nervous about this surgery.  I have read all the instructions regarding the do's and don'ts after this surgery, such as not crossing your legs,not crossing your ankles, making sure that you are not in a low chair, not sleeping on the surgical side. Are all these lifelong restrictions or just restrictions until you heal (12 months). Also what about taking a bath, I know that I can't immerse the incision in water until it is healed BUT what about getting in and out of the tub, can that cause problems with the joint replacement? 

2 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.