Hip Surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

My 92 year old grandmother fell 2 weeks ago and needed hip surgery which consisted of inserting two pins and a plate in her right hip. Unfortunately she is in too much pain and is not able to try and walk meaning she is at risk of becoming bed ridden soon. She only has one kidney as the other one is dry so the amount of pain killers she can be given is very limited which is why she is in so much pain and is unable to try and walk. Is there any time frame of when the pain will start to decrease maybe? She is in so much agony and she seems to have given up completely and it's so heartbreaking to see her like this! A decrease in the amount of pain is the only hope for her to come out of this situation so she is desperate.

Thanks.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So sorry to read about your Grandmother. I have a friend of the same age who also fell and had a similar operation a few years ago. She was in hospital for several weeks. The pain did subside, but her kidneys were healthy so she could take the pain killers. I'm sorry I don't know how long it took for the pain to reduce and she can't remember now.

I hope things improve for your Grandmother.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.