Hip trochanteric bursitis Pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a ton of stairs at my new house. Go upstairs to get to front door, stairs to go to master bedroom and stairs to climb back up, and stairs in the barn. I must have walked up and down stairs today at least 10 times to do things outside. Well it's no wonder my hips are killing me! Ugg! But why has no doctor recognized that as a cause for my trochanteric bursitis that no corticosteroids has even touched the pain and burning sensation in my right and left hip? I had AVN supposedly left hip femoral head crushed like a ping pong ball and I cried at the diagnosis and treatment for hip replacement to find out after surgery I'm an inch shorter now on the left side. I totally appreciate that and yes I'm down right mad. I'm in worse pain now than when I had a crushed femoral head bone. I'm more upset that I'm still in pain and docs are just taking my money left and right and no results. Just keep taking a piece of me away, oh take some antidepressants that will take the pain away. What a joke! I'm subject to drug testing too for being in pain, this sucks! Especially when I see so many youngsters without pain. I wish I could go back 5 years ago. I might have changed what I ate, where I lived, dietary supplements and types of housing, stretching and exercise. Sorry about the rant, I just can't take the pain anymore!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry u are in so much pain as I gave been in excruciating pain from the osteoarthritis in my left hip but I paid to go private to get advice from a orthopaedic surgeon just yesterday and I am delighted that the X-rays showed a deterioration of the arthritis in the left hip and it showed that there is no cartilage to to soften the movement so bone on bone is causing the extreme pain and he will operate as soon as possible. I had THR on the right hip win 2007 which has been very successful so here is hoping this next hip replacement will be equally successful.

here is hoping u will get the help u need but I know here in uk things r very different to USA.  Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you so much! I hope and pray for complete success of your other operation. I live in a rural area of 500 people unfortunately the surgeons to pick from are limited and 2 hrs away which is why I think my success has not been so good. I.e. Shorter leg by 5/8 inch, and trochanteric bursitis. I have been searching on Amazon for various heel lifts and telescoping canes. I measured myself on both legs this morning and placed a heel lift on left side foot in between two socks. To my surprise, it work so I can walk without shoes if I want smile not the way I thought my life would go but I am hopefully moving to an acceptance phase 😊
  • Posted

Hi lori, good to hear that u have succeeded in your effort to raise your shorter leg.  Small steps and one day at a time.  Keep caring for yourself as you are and  good luck with progress to relieve pain.

• Posted

Hi sorry too hear about your bursitis. My ,14 year old daughter is going through this and I definitely understand what your saying about the money. We have done so much and it has cost so much and she still is same as day one ugh. Just wondering do you feel the inserts to even your legs are helping with the bursitis pain at all ? We just ordered my daughter orthotics and put insert in her left shoe, her leg is just under quarter inch shorter than right, they said at this point try it and let's see. Wondering off you've had any luck. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.