Hirsutism

Posted , 3 users are following.

Are there other active members that have Hirsutism, what do you do for treatment?

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It was caused by birth control pills,in my case many years ago. The male hormones caused hair to grow on my face and thicker on arms. I had to stop taking them . The hair growth stopped .

there are many causes that is my experience. Some can control it with diet but that never worked to well in my case. 

• Posted

I was told the same thing years ago, then I noticed more and more all my aunts on my dad's side of the family have it too. As of recent I have also learned it is a comorbity of HS.

• Posted

Oh that makes sence. Hereditary in some cases. 

I have a friend who has a bead shaves every day female. It's runs in her family. Now that laser has been in the picture the last few years she had areas with th air growth on her face and other areas lasers. It took several treatments and it worked very well for her. No pain inviolved. 

Have be you thought about laser if you really have a areas that needs attention?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.